Declaración de privacidad de Avient Corporation
Avient Corporation, an Ohio corporation with an address of 33587 Walker Rd., Avon Lake, Ohio 44012, United States, and its affiliates (collectively referred as “Avient”, “we”, “us”, “our”) is committed to protecting your privacy. We provide this Privacy Statement to explain the type of information we collect and to inform you of the specific practices and guidelines that protect the security and confidentiality of your personal information. Please read this Privacy Statement carefully. If any term in this Privacy Statement is unacceptable to you, please do not use the Website or provide any personal information. This Privacy Statement may change from time to time.
Information We Collect About You
We collect several types of information from and about our prospective employees, candidates, employees, visitors, prospective and existing customers, and website and social media users. This may include information defined as personal data or personally identifiable information under an applicable law (“personal information”).
Prospective Employees and Candidates
When applying for a position within Avient, candidates provide personal information to enable Avient to process their applications. Candidates and prospective employees have some discretion regarding what information to provide. Refer to the Candidate Privacy Notice for more information. Current employees please refer to the Global Privacy and Data Protection Policies, Appendix B: “Avient Global Associate Processing Notice”.
Avient collects information from and about visitors to Avient locations, such as manufacturing plants, sales offices, and regional and corporate headquarters. This information may be collected before or at the time an individual enters the Avient location.
The following categories of personal information may be collected about visitors to Avient’s locations:
- Business contact details, photos, videos
Avient uses this personal information for the following purposes:
- Access control, security, video surveillance, visitor registration
Avient collects information from and about prospective customers. This information may be collected when an individual submits a request through our website, is identified through prospecting efforts, or through other business-outreach type activities.
Personal information collected from prospective customers is generally limited to business contact details and information regarding your use of our websites. The following are categories of personal information that may be collected:
- Browsing information, contact information, personal identification, social information, government identifiers.
Avient uses this personal information for the following purposes.
- Leads management, prospecting, opportunities management, direct marketing, and sales.
Avient processes personal information related to employees of our customers. This information generally consists of business contact details and other associated business information. In the event a customer uses the personal information of its employees for business purposes, such as address or bank account information, this information may be collected as well.
The following categories of personal information may be collected about the employees of Avient’s customers:
- Contact information, personal identification, browsing information, social, government identifiers, user account information, financial account information
Personal information of customers’ employees is processed for the following purposes:
- Customer Relationship Management which includes customer onboarding, customer service, customer engagement, sales, direct marketing, feedback management, new product development
- Customer Account Management which includes order management, credit management, account management, contractual obligations, onboarding, access control
- Avient business and legal obligations which includes global trade screenings, background checks, merger and acquisition due diligence
How We Collect Information
Information is collected through various methods. The amount and type of information may vary depending on what the individual chooses to provide.
Information You Give to Us. This may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms and applications on our Website. This includes information when you sign up to learn more about becoming a supplier; or when you request documentation regarding SDS, ISO, REACH, ROHS, or UL documentation.
- When you apply for career opportunities through the Avient Careers website or other method Avient makes available for submission of applications.
- Information you provide when signing up for newsletters and other types of informational material; when you inquire about products, technical support, and customer service or sales support; and when you provide feedback about our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence with us (including e-mail addresses).
- Business contact details and business account information necessary to render services or products to you.
If you give us the personal information of a third party, you represent that you have provided notice to, and received authorization to provide such information from, that third party.
Information We Collect About You Through our Website. As with many other websites, as you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including the resources that you access and use on our Website, traffic data, location data, logs, language, date and time of access, frequency, and other communication data.
- Details to enable transactions including your username, password when you register to take advantage of personalized features.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, host domain, and browser type.
- Details of referring websites (URL).
The information we collect automatically is statistical data that helps us improve our Website and deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Determine Website traffic patterns.
- Count Website visits.
- Determine traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our Website.
- Help us to know which pages and content are the most and least popular.
- Observe Website search patterns to provide more intuitive navigation cues.
- Determine the frequency of user visits and last date of visit.
Publically Available Information. Avient may also collect, or engage a service provider to collect, publically available information about individuals. This information may be used to start or facilitate a business information or for recruitment related purposes.
Social Media,Cookies and Other Technologies
Social Media. When you follow, leave comments, engage in conversation in private messages, or otherwise interact with our profiles on various social media platforms, we process your personal information visible to us in accordance with the terms and conditions of the relevant social media platform.
Social Media Plug-ins. The Website uses what are called social plugins (“plugins”) from the social networks Facebook, X, and LinkedIn. These plugins are indicated by the respective logo of the social network. When you access the Website, your browser establishes a direct connection with the servers of these social networks. The content of the plugin is transferred by the social network directly to your browser, which then integrates it into the Website.
Integration of the plugin causes the social media networks to receive the information that you have loaded the corresponding page of the Website. If you are logged in with Facebook, for example, it will be able to assign your visit to your account. Please note that an exchange of this information already takes place when you visit our Website, regardless of whether you interact with the plugin or not. If you interact with the plugins, the corresponding information is sent directly to Facebook by your browser and saved there. You can find information on the purpose and extent of data acquisition as well as how the data is processed further and used by the social networks, together with your rights and optional settings to protect your private sphere, in the data protection notes of the social networks.
If you do not want incorporated social networks to gather data about you via our Website, you must log out on the respective domain of the social network before visiting the Website. If you wish to prevent information being exchanged with the above-mentioned social networks during your visit to our Website, you can opt out of cookies by visiting our Cookie Notice.
How We Use Your Information
Below please find information about our legal basis for processing information collected about you. We may process your personal information where the processing is:
- Necessary for entering into or the performance of a contract with you. For example:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To provide you with the information, products, and services that you request from us.
- To communicate with you about our contracts, your account.
- Necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation.
- Necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by a third party or us (to the extent it does not infringe on any data subject’s fundamental rights and freedoms). For example:
- To ensure our Website and its features and content are accessible to you. This includes website security, related technical support, and communication of changes.
- To process your employment application, facilitate and conduct interviews, associated travel and reimbursement expenses, and other recruitment efforts.
- To provide you with information that you have requested and respond to your inquiries.
- If you a prospective customer, to communicate regarding prospective products or services Avient may be able to provide you.
- If you are an existing customer, to communicate (including by e-mail and SMS) with you to provide information about goods and services similar to those that were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
- To manage your customer account, provide services and goods you have requested, and process payment.
- To manage and improve your customer relationship with Avient.
- Marketing and sales related efforts.
- Subject to applicable law and regulations, in the event of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization, or liquidation, to transfer, sell, or assign to third parties information concerning your relationship with us, including, without limitation, personal information that you provide and other information concerning your relationship with us.
- To manage our everyday business needs, such as auditing, administration of our services, analytics, and the enforcement of any corporate reporting obligations, or other policies.
- Pursuant to valid consent provided by you, in order to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, simply do not opt-in when we ask for your consent on the relevant forms where we collect your data. For any other purpose where you have provided valid consent where it is legally required.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. Subject to applicable law and regulations, we may disclose personal information that we collect, or you provide as described in this Privacy Statement:
- To any member of our group, which means our affiliates, including our parent company Avient Corporation and its subsidiaries
- To third party service providers and applications used to support our business and processes for which your personal information was collected or obtained.
- To third party service providers and applications to enable us to provide the services or goods you requested. This includes all efforts related to making, shipping, and building the product or service, as well as processing payment.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Avient’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Avient about our Website users is among the assets transferred. This may also include exchanging information with a potential buyer or other successor in connection with the due diligence for any of the foregoing transactions.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you e-mail us asking us to contact a third party, we may transmit the contents of your e-mail to the recipient.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide your information or with your consent when required by applicable law and regulations.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation; in order to enforce or apply other agreements, including for billing and payment collection purposes, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Avient, our customers, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
For more information on recipients of your personal data please contact us using Data Subject Access Request Form.
Cross-Border Transfers of Personal Data
Avient is a company operating globally with the main headquarters in the United States. The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, stored, and processed in a destination outside the region or country of collection, including outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), Switzerland, the United Kingdom, China, or another country that requires legal protections for international data transfer. It may also be processed by Avient personnel operating outside the region or country of collection who work for us or by other entities acting as data processors processing data on our behalf. This includes personnel engaged in, among other things, the fulfillment of your request or order and the provision of support services. While the data protection and privacy laws of the countries to which your data may be transferred may not be as protective as the laws in your country, Avient is committed to privacy and protection of your personal information.
Avient takes appropriate measures in accordance with applicable laws to ensure protection of your data using one or more of the following approaches:
- We may transfer your personal information to countries that have privacy laws that have been recognized by the country from which the data are transferred as providing similar protections for the data (“adequacy”).
- We may enter into written agreements, such as standard contractual clauses and other data transfer agreements, with recipients that require them to provide the same level of protection for personal information.
- We may seek your consent for transfers of your personal information for specific purposes.
- We may rely on other transfer mechanisms approved by authorities in the country from which the personal information is transferred.
For more information or to obtain copy of the standard contractual clauses please contact us using Data Subject Access Request Form. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and subject to appropriate safeguards in accordance with this Privacy Statement and applicable legislation.
Unless otherwise required by law, Avient will erase personal information when it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed; when you withdraw your consent (where lawfulness of processing was based on your consent) and there is no other legal ground for the processing; when you object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing; when your personal information has been unlawfully processed; and when it is necessary to comply with legal obligations.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Do Not Track. Subject to California region, we do not currently respond to “do not track” signals.
- Communications from Avient. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by Avient to promote our own products or services or provide general information, you can indicate your preferences on the forms we use to collect your data or ask us not to process your personal information for these purposes by contacting us through our Data Subject Access Request Form. Please note that this does not apply to information Avient provides in order to establish an account with you, address your purchase order, warranty registration, product service experience, or other transactions.
Your Rights with Regard to Your Personal Information
Under applicable data protection law, you may have certain rights with respect to your personal information, including the following:
- The right to request access to your personal information, which includes the right to obtain confirmation from us as to whether personal information concerning you is being processed, and where that is the case, access to the personal information and information related to how it is processed.
- The right to request that we disclose to you the types of information we gather and process about you, and about the third parties with whom we share your personal information.
- The right to rectification or erasure your personal information, which includes the right to have incomplete personal information completed.
- The right to restrict or object to processing your personal information, which includes restricting us from continuing to process your personal information under certain circumstances.
- The right to data portability, which includes certain rights to have your personal information transmitted from us to another controller.
- Where data processing is based on your consent, the right to withdraw consent at any time.
Any requests related to the above rights may be made by using our Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) Form.
- In certain jurisdictions, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
California Privacy Statement
If you are an individual residing in California, you may have additional rights with regard to the information we gather about you as a consumer. Avient is committed to cooperating with California residents who exercise their rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA"), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 ("CPRA"), the Shine the Light Law, the Delete Act of 2023, and any similar applicable California legislation.
Derechos de privacidad de California
Under the California Civil Code, California residents who have an established business relationship with Avient are entitled to:
- Knowledge of what personally identifiable information is being collected and to whom it is shared or sold (if any), except to the extent applicable law permits or requires us to shield that information from disclosure. California Civil Code Section 1798.83, known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits consumers who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclose to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the preceding calendar year. Requests can be submitted through the Data Subject Request Form linked above.
- Reasonable access to the personally identifiable information that Avient has collected about you;
- Notice describing the types of personal information we have shared with third parties for those parties’ direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year;
- Correction of personally identifiable information that is demonstrated to be inaccurate or incomplete;
- Deletion of your personally identifiable information, except to the extent applicable law permits or requires us to maintain that information;
- Limit the use and disclosure of sensitive personal information processed for the purpose of inferring characteristics about you (if any);
- Opt-out of the sale or sharing of personal information for direct advertising or marketing purposes (if any);
Selling and/or Sharing of Personal Information
California Civ. Code § 1798.140(ad) states that selling means, “selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a consumer’s personal information by the business to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.”
Avient uses data analytics and cookies to gather information about visitors’ interaction with its website. These analytics are provided to a third party to enable Avient to optimize the user experience of its website visitors. The personal information contained in the analytics is limited to browsing data, which the third party may use to improve its analytics tools and maybe considered ‘valuable consideration’ under the CCPA (as amended by CPRA).
Avient does not otherwise ‘sell’ your personal information. Users may control whether this information is provided to third parties by adjusting the cookie settings on the link provided at the top of this page.
California Civ. Code § 1798.140 (ah) states that sharing means, "sharing, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a consumer’s personal information whether or not for monetary or other valuable consideration".
Avient gathers cookie information about visitors to its website and shares that information with a third party who generates new business-to-business (B2B) opportunities for Avient. The personal information collected & shared with the third party is limited to location information. Under CCPA (as amended by CPRA), the disclosure of such information to a third party to enable Avient's own legitimate business purposes may constitute "sharing".
Avient allows consumers to automatically opt out of the sale or sharing of personal information, and to limit use of sensitive personal information, through acceptance of Opt-Out Preference Signals sent to our website (on the consumer's behalf) by a platform, technology, or mechanism. Further, upon receipt of a verified request, Avient will work with applicable third parties to delete such shared data in accordance with the Delete Act.
Data Subject Requests
If you are a California resident who wishes to obtain access, information, correction, or deletion of your personal information, to opt-out of the sale or sharing of personal information for direct advertising or marketing purposes (if any), or to limit the use or disclosure of sensitive personal information for the purpose of inferring characteristics about you (if any), you may contact us at 1-800-901-2078 or electronically at Data Subject Access Request Form. If the request is made in person at an Avient location, we will provide you with a form to submit your request.
In response to your request for information & upon verification of your identity, we can provide you with any of the following:
- The categories of personal information that we have collected about you
- The categories of sources from which that information has been obtained
- The types of business or commercial purposes for gathering, sharing, or selling (if any) personal information
- The categories of third parties with whom we share information or to whom (if any) we sell the information
- The categories of personal information shared or sold (if any) with third parties
- A list of the specific pieces of information that we have collected
- The names and addresses of third parties (if any) with whom we have shared information for their own direct marketing activities and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties.
Subject to California Civ. Code § 1798.105 (d), § 1798.145, in response to a request for correction or deletion of personal information & upon verification of your identity, Avient will use commercially reasonable technical and organizational measures to fulfill your request.
To guard against fraudulent requests for access, correction, deletion, or knowledge, we will require sufficient information to allow us to confirm the identity of the individual making the request before fulfilling it. We may deny such access where the denial is permitted by applicable law and every request from an individual will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. We may impose a reasonable charge when a request is made (e.g., for photocopying or postage) to the extent permitted under applicable law.
In the event that a request is denied, we will notify you regarding the reasons for the denial in writing. Consistent with how your personally identifiable information is maintained in the ordinary course of our business, we will provide the information in an understandable form, and to the extent feasible in a format that permits you to use the information on other systems.
We will not discriminate against consumers who exercise their rights under California law. However, we may charge different prices or provide a different quality of goods or services if the difference is reasonably related to the value provided by your personal information and may offer financial incentives to an individual for the collection, sale, or deletion of personal information if the individual provides its prior consent to the terms of those incentives.
We have implemented appropriate measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us through our Website and shall not be liable for breaches of security or integrity, third-party interception in transit, or any damage caused to you or your company, your computer(s), or other property by accessing or using our Website or services. Any transmission of your personal information is at your own risk.
Third-Party Websites and Services
Our Website may contain links or references to other websites outside of our control. Please be aware that this Privacy Statement does not apply to these websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements and terms and conditions of any linked or referenced websites you enter. These third-party websites may use their own cookies and tracking devices, log your IP address, and otherwise collect data or solicit your personal information.
Your access to or use of our Website also may involve interaction with or use of third party services or features, such as embedded videos hosted by third parties (“Third Party Services”). This Privacy Statement also does not apply to Third Party Services, and, for the same reasons as above, you should consult those third parties’ privacy statements and terms and conditions before using their services.
AVIENT DOES NOT CONTROL AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT THIRD PARTIES DO IN CONNECTION WITH THEIR WEBSITES, OR HOW THEY HANDLE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. PLEASE EXERCISE CAUTION AND CONSULT THE PRIVACY POLICIES POSTED ON EACH THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under the age of 16 may provide any information to or on the Website. If you are under 16, please do not send any of your personal information to us. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 16, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 16, please contact us using our Data Subject Access Request Form.
Revisions to our Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement at any time. Any changes we make will be posted on this page The date this Privacy Statement was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for periodically monitoring and reviewing any updates to this policy. Your continued use of our Website after such amendments will be deemed your acknowledgement and consent to these changes to this Privacy Statement.
Should you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement and our privacy practices, you may contact us through our Data Subject Access Request Form.